Work with us
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST, P-4, Maputo, Mozambique
You will be responsible, jointly with the Section Head, for the public advocacy strategy development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for child rights awareness creation among decision-makers, key influencers (including celebrities and National Ambassadors) and general public, leading to an enabling environment for key UNICEF priorities implementation.
You will provide strategic communication thinking and promote a multichannel approach for public awareness. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining strategic alliances with senior media editors, as well as general management of the portfolio with TVM, RM and other mass media partnerships. You will represent UNICEF at the UN Communication Group, actively contribute to the SDGs dissemination and support ONE UN emergency communication, as well as provide support in the production and distribution of visibility materials for policy advocacy, resource leveraging and fundraising in support of UNICEF’s priorities.
Temporary appointment: Education Officer (ECD), NO-2 (open to Mozambican nationals only)
You will provide technical assistance and support in implementation of UNICEF supported early learning and ECD projects and activities of the Ministry of Education and partners.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with Government and partners at the national and province/district levels to ensure timely, effective and efficient planning and implementation of programme activities.
- Collect accurate information/data including provision of gender/sex disaggregated data and ensure relevant documents are made available in a timely manner to support situation analysis, sectoral inputs and reporting.
- Facilitate implementation of selected key-activities from the Annual Work Plan to ensure planned results are achieved through technical support and regular monitoring/follow-up with relevant partners.
- Develop and maintain effective partnership and networking relationships for advocacy, technical coordination, and information sharing and knowledge management.
- Ensure up-to-date programme information is available and reports prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders when required in order to support the programme through the effective implementation.
- Participate in joint monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine the required action/interventions to achieve results. You will also contribute to ECD in emergency preparedness and response including the facilitation of preparations, planning and delivery of a training on ECD-in-emergencies for local actors.
Individual consultancy: Violence Against Children (VAC) in Education
The aim of the assignment is to support the Ministry of Education and partners to undertake a comprehensive analysis of policy, legal and programmatic framework for addressing VAC in the context of education in Mozambique, produce recommendations for the reporting and referral protocol and applicable good practices and prepare a multi-sectoral consultation meeting to discuss and validate the findings and recommendations.
The deliverables produced within the framework of the consultancy will directly contribute to the achievement of Output 5.3 of the 2017-2020 UNICEF Country Programme, the respective results of the Joint UN Programme on Action for Girls, as well as advance the implementation of relevant recommendations of the Committee on the Rights of the Child (2009) in regard to addressing sexual violence and establishment of formal reporting procedures.
Welcome to the UNICEF Mozambique Vacancies page
If you are a committed, creative professional, passionate about making a lasting difference for children, and comfortable working in a challenging environment, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF recruits specialists in child protection, reproductive and child health, nutrition, education, HIV/AIDS, water and environmental sanitation, procurement, communication, finance, audit, administration, information systems, logistics, planning, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, marketing, and management.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Please create a job alert in the following link and we will send you an e-mail when a position becomes available that matches your search criteria: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/subscribe/.