Work with us
Request for Expression of Interest (REoI)
Development of a policy document for the definition of a national program for decentralized, family and community based social action service provision
Programa Serviços de Acção Social (ProSAS)
In the context of the One UN Joint Programme on Social Protection 2017-2020 (UNJP) -, funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and with additional funding from USAID -- UNICEF Mozambique, in close collaboration with the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Bank, aims to support the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Action (MGCAS) in elaborating, updating and harmonizing existing basic social security programmes against the programme structures and objectives stipulated in the newly adopted Basic Social Security Strategy 2016-2024 (ENSSB II) through the elaboration of a set of operational procedures. In addition, UNICEF will support MGCAS in designing the Programa Serviços de Acção Social (ProSAS) envisioned as part of the third Axis of the ENSSB II.
UNICEF Mozambique is looking for a reputable national or international organization or institution to support MGCAS develop a policy document defining a national program for decentralized, family and community based social action service provision (Programa de Servicos de Accao Social – ProSAS)
The work will, among others, involve the review and adjustment of existing legislation and policies, mapping and quality assessment of social action services provided by government departments, institutions, private entities, CSOs and non-formal actors, and the design of a new program of social action services. The work should be informed by a series of in-country consultations at the national and subnational levels with different sectors, from high-level government officials to (future) programme beneficiaries.
Organizations/institutions should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Comprehensive and high-level understanding of the social development sector, social inclusion, social welfare
- Proven experience in public policy design and public management
- Comprehensive and high-level understanding of the child protection sector, including programming for a variety of social risks
- Proven expertise in the assessment, design and implementation of effective case management mechanisms along a continuum of care that include both statutory and not statutory services and translating findings in policy recommendations
- Proven expertise in designing public policies to address the needs and vulnerabilities of different age groups (early childhood, adolescents) related to gender, disability and HIV
- Experience in fiscal space/budgetary analysis desired
- Experience working in Southern and Eastern Africa and/or familiarity with Mozambique strongly preferred
- Fluency in Portuguese language of all team members desired, otherwise, the organization/institution must organize fulltime translation support.
Further details on the assignment will be provided in the full Terms of Reference. Organizations/institutions with the capacity to demonstrate the above qualifications should express their interest by completing the "Expression of Interest" form, by 24 June 2018, through the following link:
Please note the following:
- This is a request for expression of interest to identify potential service providers. This is NOT an invitation to submit a bid or prices.
- Expressing your interest by submitting the EOI form does not guarantee your participation in the tender. A thorough review of all responses will be conducted based on which a decision will be made on the final list of invitees for the tender.
- UNICEF reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement any time.
- UNICEF reserves the right to require compliance of additional terms and conditions.
Welcome to the UNICEF Mozambique Vacancies page
If you are a committed, creative professional, passionate about making a lasting difference for children, and comfortable working in a challenging environment, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF recruits specialists in child protection, reproductive and child health, nutrition, education, HIV/AIDS, water and environmental sanitation, procurement, communication, finance, audit, administration, information systems, logistics, planning, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, marketing, and management.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Please create a job alert in the following link and we will send you an e-mail when a position becomes available that matches your search criteria: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/subscribe/.