Work with us
Chief Communication for Development, (P-5), Maputo
With the general guidance of the Representative, and in close coordination with the Communication Specialist, the incumbent of this post is responsible for the design, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a communication for development strategy in support of the country programme and for the conceptualization, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of an advocacy and communication strategy to promote respect for children`s and women`s rights, and support UNICEF`s mission in the country. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to foster and support strategic partnerships with a variety of social actors like civil society organizations, opinion leaders, artists, the media and private sector.
- Set policy direction for communication for development teams and ensure the communication programme is in line with Country Office and MTSP priorities, CCCs and UN reform
- Provide vision, expert advice and assistance to communication for development teams
- Provide leadership in the management of operations process and plans of communication for development
- Lead and facilitate the development of key partnerships and intersectoral alliances
- Provide expert advice on appropriate use of communication and approach for social development, aimed at both individual behavior change and collective action
- Builds capacity of the communication for development team
- Effectively mobilizes and manages resources
Deadline for submission of proposals – 24 September 2018.
Welcome to the UNICEF Mozambique Vacancies page
If you are a committed, creative professional, passionate about making a lasting difference for children, and comfortable working in a challenging environment, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF recruits specialists in child protection, reproductive and child health, nutrition, education, HIV/AIDS, water and environmental sanitation, procurement, communication, finance, audit, administration, information systems, logistics, planning, monitoring and evaluation, fundraising, marketing, and management.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Please create a job alert in the following link and we will send you an e-mail when a position becomes available that matches your search criteria: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/subscribe/.